The life coaching industry needs a book about how to become a life coach!
It all started with the publication of iNLP Center’s article, How to Become a Life Coach. This 5000-word doozie of a post goes into more depth about the real-life process of transitioning into a life coaching career than other such articles.
So, how about a full-length book on the topic?
That post could be expanded an converted into an ebook at the very least. And it would be a great idea to add worksheets, calculators, and other resources for people to plan the journey.
The challenges of any career transition are too great to ignore. It’s our experience that too many aspiring coaches do not prepare well for the future.
- How will you keep the bills paid during the switch?
- How long will it take you (really) to get established as a life coach?
- What should you charge?
- What kind of life coach training is best?
- Who is your target audience?
- How should you package your coaching services?
- Group or individual coaching?
- How do you create an effective website?
- What are reasonable life coaching business goals?
- Which administrative tools do you need?
- How do you market your services?
- What about selling your coaching service effectively?
- Which life coaching directories should you join?
- What are you not thinking to ask?
Would you read it?
If you’re a life coach or life coach in training, would you read a book that gave you step-by-step instructions (in order) and a workbook or plans to follow? This could be like a practical business and marketing plan for life coaching newbies.
Life coaching is now a billion-dollar industry. It’s growing in leaps and bounds and is here to stay. It’s the individual life coaches who need help getting established. This article is a call for more resources!